Sunday, January 11, 2009

DC Universe Classics - Amazo

I'm finally getting around to finishing off my reviews of the DC Universe Classics wave 5 set. The last figure to be reviewed before I get to the Connect and Collect toy, is Amazo.


Here's a look at Amazo in the packaging (below). Pretty standard cardboard back with cool graphics and securely encased in a plastic bubble. I had a problem with Amazo's right out of the box. It appeared that his right ankle joint had been dropped in some sort of glue and it was stuck. I tried and tried to losen it and after partially mangling his foot, I decided to run it under hot water to soften the glue and I got a very thin knife to unjam the joint. That was very frustrating.



As far as the figure goes, comparing Amazo to other previous DCUC action figures, he has similar body parts to that of Batman from wave 1.




This Amazo figure looks very much like he does in the comics. His outfit is a tad on the lame side if you ask me for a super cool android who can beat the entire Justice League on his own. The two shades of green leotards and red....hair(?) makes him look like a giant muscular leprechaun. I think I would probably have preferred the Justice League animated series android look a bit more.





Amazo's paint job is reasonable well done but really, there aren't any difficult areas to paint other than the eyes (which are fine). His outfit is basically light and dark green stripes which are painted on fairly clean, as is the Green Lantern ring on his hand.


Amazo does not come with any accessories other than the Collect and Connect piece of Metallo.


If you have any of the other DCUC figures, you'll know that the articulation is gonna be pretty good. Amazo's joints are fairly standard compared to other figures in this series. He has joints in his neck, shoulders, biceps, elbows, wrists, abdominal, waist, thighs, knees and ankles.



Overall, much like most of the other figures from DCUC wave 5, Amazo is a tad on the "been there, done that side". Maybe because most of the characters from this set are not really on any of my favorites list...except The Riddler. If you don't have a problem with Mattel re-using the same body parts for each of these action figures, then this won't be an issue for you. It does keep them all on the same scale. The head sculpt is a good likeness to the comics and other than the problem I had with his ankle, it is generally a good action figure.



Sculpt/Design - 7.5, Paint - 7.5, Accessories - 0, Articulation - 9, Fun - 8
Overall Score - 7/10


In case you didn't know, Amazo and the other action figures from DCUC wave 5 are all Walmart exclusives, so if your local Walmart does not carry this set, the best place to shop will be eBay.


To find Mattel's DC Universe Classics Amazo action figure on eBay, click here.



I've now gone over all 5 of the DCUC characters from the wave 5 set. Not my favorite set, that's for sure, like I said, mostly because of the character choices. One reason I did end up getting this entire set was for the Collect and Connect figure of Metallo. I thought it looked really cool and so I decided it would just be easier to get the entire set. So be sure to check back later in the week for my Metallo review and also come back on a regular basis for more news reviews and information about Mattel's DC Universe Classics and DC Superheroes action figures.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it . thanks for reviews

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Total Pageviews